The following positions are open at The Babinski Foundation:
Animal Care Specialist- open for both full and part time
General Duties include but are not limited to:
-Keeping kennels and cat condos clean and sanitized
-Picking up after the animals
-Dog & cat socializing
-General cleaning (mopping floors, emptying garbage, dish-washing bowls, etc)
-Must be available to work evenings & weekends.
-Previous experience working with animals is a plus, but not necessary.
Please fill out the application below.
Performs a full range of professional veterinary duties, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, and surgery. Oversees and is responsible for general animal health and welfare within the facility in accordance with policies and procedures established by The Babinski Foundation. Advocates for the individual animal to ensure proper behavioral and enrichment needs are being med to provide each animal with the best quality of life. Maintains standards of care in accordance with national standards within shelter medicine.
Reports directly to the Executive Director. Works concurrently with Marketing Manager, Kennel Manager, Volunteer Manager, Intake and Adoptions Manager, and Veterinary Technician to achieve goals of The Babinski Foundation.
General animal health and welfare
- Performs examinations on all animals within the facility after intake.
- Completes surgical sterilization of all animals prior to adoption.
- Determines medical treatments and diagnostics needed to meet animals’ welfare needs.
- Evaluates medical treatment outcomes and record-keeping.
- Monitors ongoing disease surveillance within the Babinski Foundation to keep infectious disease risks under control.
- Ensures each animals’ behavioral and enrichment needs are being met.
- Assesses quality of life concerns and calls for panel discussion when needed.
- Provides after-hours and emergency advice, and services as deemed necessary, to staff members of The Babinski Foundation in regards to animal welfare.
Management and leadership
- Provides guidance and structure to Veterinary Technician and Veterinary Assistants.
- Develops protocols for treatments and surgeries to provide adequate level of animal care while considering cost and efficiency of each recommendation made.
- Trains Veterinary Technician and support staff in protocols within veterinary care, and monitors efficacy and accuracy of performance.
- Works with other managers to ensure policy continuity across departments within the Babinski Foundation.
Sanitation and housing
- Works with Kennel Manager to develop proper sanitation protocols in accordance with health standards and disease control.
- Works with Kennel Manager to develop proper feeding guidelines and recommendations for all animals within the care of The Babinski Foundation.
- Ensures outdoor animal enclosures are being used in proper ways so as to limit disease spread and prevent outbreaks.
Adoptions and future animal care
- Works with Adoption Manager to provide valuable educational materials to adopters as well as proper notification of medical or behavioral concerns of each particular pet.
- Educates internal staff regarding ongoing medical health concerns and training needed for each individual circumstance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Veterinarian: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Veterinary License
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the application below